Monday, 7 November 2016
EXERCISE 1 -- DIFFICULTY: EASY -- TEST: KET
EXERCISE 1 DIFFICULTY: EASY TEST: KET
All of the following sentences should be completed using the verbs and words in the parentheses to fill in the blanks.
A) I (visit) visited my grandmother yesterday.
B) Sandra (travel) has traveled abroad several times.
1. A: Did you like the movie "Star Wars"?
B: I don't know. I (see, never)_______________________________________ that movie.
2. Sam (arrive)___________________________________ in San Diego a week ago.
3. My best friend and I (know)_____________________________________ each other for over fifteen years.
4. Stinson is a fantastic writer. He (write)____________________________________ ten very creative short stories in the last year. One day, he'll be as famous as Hemingway.
5. I (have, not)___________________________ this much fun since I (be)____________________ a kid.
6. Things (change)_________________________________ a great deal at Coltech, Inc. When
we first (start) __________________________________ working here three years ago, the
company (have, only) ___________________________ six employees. Since then, we
(expand)__________________________ to include more than 2000 full-time workers.
7. I (tell)___________________________________ him to stay on the path while he was
hiking, but he (wander)_________________________ off into the forest and (bite)
_________________ by a snake.
8. Listen Donna, I don't care if you (miss)________________________________ the bus this
morning. You (be) _______________________________ late to work too many times. You are fired!
9. Sam is from Colorado, which is hundreds of miles from the coast, so he (see, never)
_____________________________ the ocean. He should come with us to Miami.
10. How sad! George (dream)______________________________ of going to California before
he died, but he didn't make it. He (see, never)____________________________________ the ocean.
11. In the last hundred years, traveling (become)_______________________________ much
easier and very comfortable. In the 19th century, it (take) ___________________ two or
three months to cross North America by covered wagon. The trip (be) ________________ very rough and often dangerous.
Things (change)_________________________________ a great deal in the last hundred and fiftyyears. Now you can fly from New York to Los Angeles in a matter of hours.
12. Jonny, I can't believe how much you (change)________________________________ since the last time I (see)
__________________________ you. You (grow)___________________________ at least a foot!